Sunday, April 8, 2007

In for a penny, in for a pound

Friday night's rally class was excellent! I think the combination of training for rally and agility simultaneously (classes are on different nights but during the same time frame) has really helped in both areas. Cash's SLS and focus are better in agility I think because of rally and his focus in rally is better because of agility. Maybe the fact that we are at class on both Wednesdays (agility) and Fridays (rally) helps too since he doesn't have time to forget.

As the title infers, I entered him in Novice A rally at the Seward County KC show in Seward, NE on April 28 and 29. The entry was mailed this past week, so no turning back now!

Flyball is going to go by the wayside at this point. He's fast, focused and has a great flip turn but doesn't CARE about tennis balls. We both have enough to do with agility and rally so at this point we're bowing out of flyball. Maybe down the road we'll try it again.

2 comments:

Avalon said...

So many classes, so little time. I have really been considering Rally for Willie, my Apricot Mini. He is probably the most responsive to working as a team with me, but the competetive nature of Agility was a bit too much for his gentle soul.Maybe we will give it a shot!

Julie said...

Go for it. We love rally and the ability to talk to the dog and have the handler's advantage of being able to READ really helps. (Although I swear Cash knows what F-I-N-I-S-H spells)