Friday, June 1, 2007

Here we go again......

I'm probably going to jinx us by even writing a blog the night before a trial, but here we go again. Cash is all bathed, trimmed, scissored, dremeled and ready to go. My friend, Darla, and her two Poms and Cash and I are going to the Council Bluffs KC show in Avoca, Iowa tomorrow and Sunday. I got smarter since our last show and decided driving back and forth (even though it's only an hour and a half drive one way) is not the way to go, so we reserved a motel in Avoca. We're looking forward to doing the town Saturday night, NOT! It's probably only a block and half long.

I have high hopes of Cash finishing his Novice rally title this weekend and with a little luck it will be tomorrow so I can move him up to Advanced for Sunday. Whether he titles or not on Saturday, I'm going to enter him in Advanced in the fun match following the Saturday show. More ring time is ALWAYS a good thing.

If he titles I plan on having the show photographer take a picture, however I may need to do a little cosmetic grooming first. See, I shaved his face, feet, tummy and tail on Monday since he is so itchy right after he's shaved and I wanted a few days for that sensation to pass. Got home from work on Tuesday and he had decided he REALLY itched, so much so that he scratched himself raw and bleeding in front of his right ear and at the base of his throat. Little snot! We've been treating with a half tablet of Benedryl once a day and topically with Neosporin Plus ointment. Looks much better tonight and with any luck his ear feathers will cover the ugly scabs.

No comments: