Sunday, January 25, 2009

NADAC trial today

A number of people decided not to compete today so we were home by about 12:30. Today the arena seemed actually warmer than yesterday. Either the snow we got overnight helped insulate the roof or my blood is getting thicker and I don't notice the cold as much.



Today we again went 3 for 6 in the Q department with a Q and 2nd place in Regular, another Chances Q and another Tunnelers Q and 2nd place. There is an extremely fast Papillion running in Novice that once again kicked our butt today. Oh well, Q’s are much better to me than placements!


We did have some outstanding things like Cash's start line stay in Tunnelers. After we were told to Go and I did a 30-35' lead out just to be told "Oh wait, there's a loose dog on course." The Corgi ahead of us got away from his handler after they finished and proceeded to take 4 or 5 more tunnels. I kept laser-like eye contact with Cash and he didn't move a toenail. Good Boy!

His start line stay in Tunnelers with a loose dog on the course made my WHOLE weekend. We worked so hard to make his SLS rewarding to him and it paid off in spades. He probably would have had his fuzzy butt glued to the ground if the Corgi charged at him through the tunnel he was in front of. I was SO proud of him! Two of our instructors were there that knew how hard we had worked, saw his rock solid SLS, and were just elated for us.


He also Q'd in Chances with another evil side-by-side tunnel requiring him to take the far one (of course) and he nailed it.



The NQ’s were again my fault. My timing sucks and I need to get Cash information faster, but sometimes I just can’t spit out the words. It's a work in progress. His biggest handicap is his handler. Seems like the more we do agility the more there is for me to learn! But it's fun and I enjoy the sport and the camaraderie with other handlers.

Here are some videos. The first one is his Tunnelers run (apparently featuring my big butt at the start). The second one is the Chances run and the third is our Regular run. Enjoy and feel free to comment. Not on my big butt! On my handling.








No comments: