Friday, September 21, 2007

What FUN!!!


I had a hectic late afternoon. Left work early to get home and grab Betty and Cash and race to the vet for Betty's "well puppy" checkup. As I was getting ready to leave I tossed their leashes on the floor. Denny got my attention and said, "Look." There was Cash with Betty's martingale leash already on. I swear I tossed it on the floor and heard it hit, but somehow he had managed to get it on, and properly too. Too funny. Betty's heartworm test was negative, hips and stifles tested out great, fecal negative, heart and lungs sound great, eyes and ears clear. Yup, she's just about perfect!


And then off to rally class. Cash was his usual happy, generally focused guy. Not as much sniffing tonight, yay! Toward the end of class he tends to get somewhat disinterested and wants to go play on the agility equipment. Wrong night, buddy.


BUT, after class was the fun stuff! Cash and Betty got to race and run with the other smaller dogs and chase tennis balls on the padded floor with all the equipment cleared out of the way! They had a blast and what a great way to burn off some energy. There was Griffon (papillion) and his housemate, a little puff Chinese Crested whose name I can't recall, Milo, Levi, Lily and Otis (miniature schnauzers), Frisco (rescue pom/pap mix) along with Cash and Betty. The tennis balls and dogs were flying. Otis is only about 12 or 14 weeks old, but held his own with the "big kids" and decided that Cash's tug rope was just the ticket. I'm totally annoyed at myself that I didn't bring my video camera, but I'm sure we'll do it again. All of the furkids are now crashed in their crates for the night.

No comments: