Sunday, April 27, 2008

And today was pretty much like yesterday....

I am choosing to look at the results (or lack thereof in Cash's case) as information. Nothing more.

Cash gave me GREAT attention outside the ring. Isn't that how it always is? But from the start sign, just lost it. Only through do-overs was I able to get him halfway through the course before he left the ring. He did come back, but by that time the judge excused us. I wonder WHAT is going on in that head of his when he gets into a ring and the leash is removed.

I'm thinking about registering him with APDT (another rally venue) where we can start in Novice again and all exercises are on leash. Hmmm, have to mull that one over.

In other news, Betty got Reserve again today, but showed happily and looked fabulous (if I do say so myself). Another poodle person helped me with her topknot yesterday, but today, I did it all by my lonesome. For the first time in 30 years! She is such a happy girl.

Here's some video taken by Julia, the 12 year old granddaughter of my friend, Loretta. You can hear Loretta in the background talking and hooting for Betty.

My bad that I forgot to tell Julia not to zoom in as the quality gets fuzzy. The first dog seen is the light platinum bitch who won. Betty is the gunmetal grey with the big mouth. Hopefully the sound comes through.....

3 comments:

ninjapoodles said...

OK, she is really cute. Did you get any feedback from the judge? In small classes like these, I always just ask, whenever I see the judge on a break or something.

Very confident, stompy, and oh, my, mouthy! That's fantastic. I love your attitude too. All she needs is more hair (time) and a LOT more hairspray. ;-)

Julie said...

I didn't ask for feedback from the judge. She may have been having a bad day, but her M.O. was to turn away from the handler before pointing and mumbling what pattern she wanted. She was clearly irritated when I said, "Excuse me, but I'm having a hard time hearing you. Would you please repeat that?" I'll probably give her another entry down the road, but if she displays the same behavior, that's it. She goes on my DNS (do not show) list.

Avalon said...

Betty looked like she was having a ball out there! What a perfect attitude for show. Beautiful girl.